Motivation of translation activity.
Some features of language of the scientific and technical
1. Requests to an interpreter.
2. The characteristic of the scientific and technical language.
3. Some features of language of the scientific and technical literature.
4. Lexical features of the scientific and technical literature.
5. The terms.
The linguistics of the text. Connection
of linguistics of the text with the theory of translation.
Typology of texts.
1. The linguistics of the text. The aims of linguistics.
2. Connection of linguistics of the text with the theory of translation.
3. The notion “the universals of discourse”.
4. The markers of the text.
5. The problem of linguistics- actual partitioning or the functional
prospect of the sentence.
6. The scheme of the typology of texts of Yu. V. Vannicov.
The process of translation is the
transformation of the text in one language into the text
in the other language.
1. The essence of translation. Translation.
2. Measure of the text's equivalence.
3 The science about sign systems.
4 Correlation of the shape and contents of the text in translation.
5. Arguments of the translation.
6. Semantic divergences between languages.
Publications’ character. Their functional
style. Linguistic and structural peculiarities.
1. The aim of the newspaper style.
2. Political terminology of the newspaper style.
3. Personal and other names in newspaper style. Abbreviations and shortenings.
4. Stylistic diversity of vocabulary. Cliche, poetical words and word
5. Syntactical arrangement of text.
6. Head-lines. Jargonisms. Grammatical peculiarities of newspaper head-lines.
Many component English attributive
word combinations and their translation into Russian.
1. Attributive nominal word combinations.
2. Two component word combinations.
3. Three component word combinations.
4. Many component word combinations.
5. Word combinations of mixed type.
Science of the translation. The
actual methodological problems.
1. Actual problems of the translation.
2. The methodological illegality.
3. Concrete problems of the researching.
4. The definition of the subject’s translation.
5. The process’s of the translation.
6. Abstract models.
Varieties of Language.
1. The differentiation of the literary language.
2. Difference between the spoken language and the written language.
3. The use of the peculiarities of the spoken variety in the written
4. Morphological and phonetic peculiarities of the spoken language.
5. Colloquial language.
6. Words and words combinations of the written language.
Interference of languages and teaching
technique of a foreign language on the basis of native.
1. The meaning of languages' interference.
2. Analysis of interference within the framework of a linguistic science.
4. Interference at different levels (phonemic, morphological, syntactical,
idiomatic and grammatical).
5. Extra lingual facts, including the interference of foreign and native